Pet Wellness Exams
Your pet is like a member of the family, and seeing them get sick is never easy. That’s why it’s so important to make preventative pet healthcare a priority. As the old adage goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
If you’re looking for a veterinarian in Lexington KY to provide the preventative services your pet needs, we invite you to visit Hartland Park Animal Hospital. Our vet, Dr. Lee Cundiff, has years of experience performing pet wellness exams on dogs and cats of all sizes, ages, and breeds.
The Importance of Preventative Pet Healthcare
When you bring your dog or cat to see our veterinarian in Lexington, you’re creating the opportunity to catch small problems before they grow into serious health concerns. Some issues have no symptoms in the early stages, but an experienced vet in Lexington can find them nonetheless. This allows treatment to begin immediately, increasing the chance of positive results and a full recovery for your pet.
The cost of preventative pet healthcare is a fraction of what treating a disease may require if it reaches the latter stages of development before being diagnosed. Plus, even if nothing’s wrong, pet exams in Lexington give you peace of mind. It’s wonderful to know your pet is healthy and strong!
What Pet Exams in Lexington Entail
Before you visit our animal hospital in Lexington for a pet exam, it’s nice to know what to expect. First of all, be aware that we recommend annual pet exams for most dogs and cats. Visits as often as every six months may be necessary for senior pets and animals with chronic health conditions. The most convenient option is to schedule pet wellness exams and vaccinations at the same time.
While wellness visits vary depending on the species, age, and individual health needs of the animal, here’s what pet exams in Lexington typically entail:
- Survey of your pet’s medical history
- Chance to ask questions about your pet’s health
- Complete nose-to-tail physical examination (including listening to the heart and lungs, checking the ears and eyes, examining the teeth and gums, feeling the body for lumps and scabs, taking your pet’s temperature, and recording the animal’s weight)
- Diagnostic testing if we suspect a problem (including blood tests, urinalysis, and/or stool samples)
- Additional tests as necessary based on the animal’s medical history and current symptoms
- Recommendations to adjust your pet’s diet and/or exercise routine as needed
Schedule Pet Wellness Examine with Our Veterinarian in Lexington
Everyone wants their pets to be healthy and happy. Pet wellness exams could be exactly what you need to catch and treat problems early, receive professional pet care advice, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your furry friend has a clean bill of health.
When you’re ready to invest in your pet’s health with a wellness exam, please contact our veterinarian in Lexington today!